Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Curried Chicken (or Turkey) Salad

I genuinely enjoy a good chicken or turkey salad, but this is the first time I have ever been inspired to want to make some for myself. Meredith, a friend of mine made this treat for a baby shower this weekend, and I think I spent more time making trips to salad bowl than I spent with the guest of honor. It's that good.


Curried Chicken/Turkey Salad

In a medium bowl, combine:

  • 2 c diced cooked chicken or turkey
  • 1/4 c chopped toasted walnuts, almonds, or cashews (Meredith used cashews)
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
  • 1 apple, cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped**
  • 1/4 c dark or golden raisins**


Mix in a separate bowl:

  • 1 T curry powder toasted 30-60 sec in a skillet over low heat with 1T vegetable oil, cooled
  • 1/2 c mayonnaise
  • 1/2 t lime juice
  • 1/2 t honey
  • 1/8 t salt
  • salt and black pepper to taste

Stir mayo mixture into meat and combine.  Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.

**Alternatives for the fruit might include water chestnuts, cucumber, red bell pepper, or sweet onion

No comments:

Post a Comment